Thursday 29 November 2012

Where the Hell is 'North St'?!

Sunday morning whilst still recovering after a fun filled night with the gals... I found myself weary eyed and in a frantic navigating pickle in Footscray. I was in a mad, lost frenzy on my way to do the 'Perfect Posy' workshop at Colour Box Studio with Emily from North St. Flowers. Finally, after a few wrong turns...okay a lot of wrong turns, I made it to the studio. Thankfully they had kindly waited for my arrival, and the sight of stunning Peonies brought me a sense of calm dissolving my stressed state.

'Colour Box Studio' is a new pop up art space run by a bunch of creatives to showcase some of Melbourne's amazing arty peeps and crafters. So far they have held a pop up market and are also running a range of workshops. The space is an ever changing one, heavily influenced by the diverse range of artists involved within the community focused project.

As I mentioned in a previous post 'North St. Flowers' created a stunning display at the 'Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show' and were deservingly awarded for their work. The opportunity to do a workshop with the very talented Emily was one I was not going to miss, and well worth the 'lost my sense of direction meltdown' I had in the car!

The class and I arranged a mixed bouquet whilst picking up lots of great tips to create the 'Perfect Posy'. Emily let us in on a few of her floral ways including her commitment to enviro respectful floristry. She consciously chooses to lean on her expertise to create arrangements and utilises a variety of reusable and recyclable vessels avoiding the use of floral foam (Oasis), which is quite toxic and harmful to the environment.

North St. will be opening a store in the next few days and I can't wait to see what Emily comes out with in her new retail space where she will also be running workshops from soon.

'Colour Box Studio' used recycled materials for their fab looking shopfront fit out 

Emily, her floral enthusiasts and our perfecto posies


No comments:

Post a Comment